Details for Public Notice STATE OF


Public Notice STATE OF MINNESOTAIN DISTRICT COURT COUNTY OF KOOCHICHING NINTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT Case No. 36-CV-18-218 KELLY R. BUSE, Case Type: Real Estate Partition Plaintiff, vs.SUMMONS KAREN K. ROGNSTAD, ASSOCIATED BANC- CORP., and ASSOCIATED BANK, N.A., Defendants. _________________________________________ THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO: Karen K. Rognstad, 12325 Highway 71 N., Northome, MN 56661; Associated Banc-Corp., 433 Main Street, Green Bay, WI 54301; Associated Bank, N.A.: 1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiff's Complaint against you is on file in the office of Koochiching County Court Administrator. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons. 2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at: Drahos Kieson & Christopher, P.A., 502 24th Street NW, Bemidji, MN 56601. 3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. This Answer is your written response to the Plaintiff's Complaint. In your Answer, you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer. 4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint. 5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case. 6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint, even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute. 7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Koochiching County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows: Southeast Quarter of the Northeast Quarter (SE1/4 of NE1/4), LESS State Highway; AND that portion of the Northeast Quarter of the Southeast Quarter (NE1/4 of SE1/4), lying North of State Highway, all in Section Twenty-six (26), Township One Hundred Fifty-one (151), Range Twenty-nine (29); LESS that portion conveyed to the State of Minnesota by Warranty Deed dated March 30, 1987, and recorded April 28, 1987, by document no. 181805; AND LESS that portion conveyed to the State of Minnesota by Quit Claim Deed dated March 30, 1987, and recorded June 17, 1987, by document no. 182294; Subject to an easement described as follows: 33 feet on either side of center of logging road, described as follows: Commencing on North side of State Highway right-of-way approximately 820 feet West of East Section line of Section 26, and running Northerly through NE1/4 of SE1/4 and SE1/4 of NE1/4 and ending approximately 990 feet West of the East Section line of Section 26, Township 151, Range 29. The object of this action is to partition the above described real estate by sale. Dated: April 5, 2018 DRAHOS KIESON & CHRISTOPHER, P.A. By /s/ Jeremy A. Klinger Jeremy A. Klinger, #0386821 Attorneys for Plaintiff 502 - 24th Street NW Bemidji, MN 56601 (218) 444-1750 The Journal May 16th, 19th, & 23rd, 2018