INTERNATIONAL VOYAGEURS SNOWMOBILE CLUB
Pres. Jim Bigler: Well unfortunately nothing has changed in the last week. The east side of our system - Hagerman Trail - has been groomed and flattened where possible. The Blue Ox down to the Arrowhead has been groomed and the Arrowhead to the K3 had been groomed also.
The trails leading to the Rat Root river on both sides has also been done, also. John also groomed from the Blue Ox to the Junction but conditions hasn’t allowed the guys to go any further west.
The Blue Ox from the Arrowhead to Big Falls has not been groomed. They tried to go through with the snowmobile and drag but broke thru in spots. The lake trail is being groomed today from Bohman Landing to Frank’s Bay.
Hopefully cold weather is coming next week, then snow. The resorts are now open so get out and enjoy yourself. Watch your speed and please stay on the trail.
VOYAGEURS NATIONAL PARK
- International Falls to Kettle Falls (Purple Trail) – Not Open
- Rainy Lake/Black Bay to Kabetogama Lake to Ash River (Green Trail) – Open & Groomed
- Ash River to Crane Lake (Green Trail) – Not Open
- Chain of Lakes (Dashed Black Trail) – Not Open
- Ash River to Kettle Falls (Yellow Trail) – Not Open
- East Namakan Lake to Sand Point Lake (Blue Trail) – Not Open
- Rainy Lake Ice Road – Not Open
- Rainy Lake Dryweed Loop - Not Open
- Kabetogama Lake Ice Road – Not Open
- Kabetogama Lake Ice Road West and East Spur Roads - Not Open
- Echo Bay Ski Trail – Open, packed and tracked
Rainy Lake Area:
- Rainy Lake Rec Trail - Open, packed and tracked
- Black Bay Ski Trail – Open, novice loop packed and tracked, other loops packed
- Tilson Connector Trail – Open, not packed or tracked
- KabAsh Trail – Open, not Packed or Tracked
Rainy Lake Area:
- Rainy Lake Recreation Trail – Open
- Oberholtzer Trail – Open
- Black Bay Beaver Pond Trail – Open
Ash River Area:
- Blind Ash Bay Trail – Open
- Sullivan Bay Trail – Open
Kabetogama Lake Recreation Area:
- Sledding Hill - Not Open
- Ice Rink - Not Open
Reminder: Wheeled vehicles - trucks/cars, ATVs, UTVs, etc. - though allowed on the frozen lake surfaces of Kab and Rainy, are not allowed to use land portages within the park and should not follow the groomed snowmobile trails on the frozen lakes.