A 12-year-old boy was taken into custody Friday for involvement in last week's unfounded bomb threat at Falls High School.
A statement by the International Falls Police Department said the boy was identified for his involvement in the Nov. 18 threat, and is being held on a charge of threats of violence, which in the case of adults is a felony level offense.
The boy was transported to Arrowhead Juvenile Center. The Koochiching County Attorney’s Office is reviewing the case.
International Falls Police Chief Rich Mastin told The Journal Friday a juvenile suspect in the bomb threat made to Falls schools was taken into custody.
Sunday evening, Falls school official Tim Everson confirmed the information in a mass email sent out.
Everson said a student confessed to writing the threat that caused evacuation of Falls schools Nov. 18.
He said the school will move forward with disciplinary proceedings, adding the student will not be in attendance at Falls schools beginning Monday.