Fire Department

International Falls Fire Department

Pulp mill fire: Nineteen firefighters spent about seven hours extinguishing burning and smoldering wood chips on the sixth floor of the Packaging Corporation of America’s Boise pulp mill. The call came to the fire hall at 10:47 p.m. Wednesday and crews left the scene at about 6 a.m. Thursday. The amount of damage and cause has yet to be determined, said a department spokesman.

Equipment malfunction: Firefighters were at Rainy Lake Medical Center hospital campus for about 45 minutes after a call at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday about the smell of smoke, determined to be caused by equipment malfunction, said the report.

Recommended for you

Comments disabled.