Bronco girls' basketball
The Falls High School girls' basketball team won its second game in a row Tuesday evening, beating the North Woods Grizzlies 89-84.
The win puts the Broncos at a 8-7 record.
Top scorers were:
- Grace Gilbert - 23 points (4 field-goals, 4 three-pointers and 3 free-throws)
- Maddy Lowe - 22 points (8 free-throws and 7 field-goals)
- Chloe Sullivan - 18 points (9 field-goals)
The Broncos erased a 22-point deficit to win Tuesday evening.
The Broncos will be back in action at 7:15 p.m. Tuesday when they host the Mesabi East Giants.
Bronco boys' hockey
The Falls High School boys' hockey team fell 6-4 to the Greenway Raiders on the road Tuesday evening.
Goal scorers were:
- Jordan Smith (assisted by Carter Germain and Tucker Hell) at 11:50 into the first period
- Bradyn Dremmel at 8:13 into the third period
- Simon Palm at 13:58 into the third period
- (power play) Kian Gonzales (assisted by Bradyn Dremmel and Simon Palm) at 16:55 into the third period
The Broncos were back on the ice Thursday when they traveled to take on the North Shore Storm, the results of which were unavailable at press time.