Bronco boys' swimming and diving
The Falls High School boys' swimming and diving team competed in the Giants Invitational at Mesabi East Friday afternoon.
The Broncos finished fourth overall with 247 points.
The Broncos were back in the water when they competed against Mesabi East in a dual meet, the results of which were unavailable at press time.
Top-five finishes are listed below:
200 medley relay
4th - 2:00.48
1) Will Serrano 2) Robert Sweney 3) Alex Bissonnette 4) Jake Slatinski
5th - Jake Slatinski, 2:03.58
5th - Alex Bissonnette, 25.36
2nd - Adrion Mannausau, 158.50; 3rd - Robert Sweney, 150.90
3rd - Alex Bissonnette, 1:03.65; 5th - Will Serrano, 1:05.01
3rd - Will Serrano, 1:03.99; 4th - Jake Slatinski, 1:09.08
400 freestyle relay
4th - 3:49.49
1) Alex Bissonnette 2) Gavin Wilson 3) Jake Slatinski 4) Will Serrano
5th - 4:08.57
1) Cody Jantzen 2) Anthony Scholler 3) Colton Hollis 4) Adrion Mannausau
Viking girls' basketball
The Littlefork-Big Falls High School girls' basketball team recorded an 85-33 victory on the road against the Northeast Range Nighthawks Friday evening.
The win puts the Vikings' record at 4-10.
Freshman guard Destiny Piekarski recorded a triple-double during the game, getting 37 points, 11 steals and 10 rebounds.
Other top scorers were Danielle Piekarski (17 points along with 23 rebounds) and Emily Fairchild (12 points).
The Vikings kept their winning streak going Monday evening, beating the Laporte Wildcats 69-37 on the road.
The Vikings were also back in action on Tuesday when they hosted the Chisholm Blue Streaks, the results of which were unavailable at press time.
Bronco girls' hockey
The Falls High School girls' hockey team scored a victory in their last game of the regular season, beating the Crookston Pirates on the road 5-4 on Saturday.
Goal scorers were:
- (power play) Maria Vollom (assisted by Taylor Sears and Grace Gragg) at 1:09 into the second period
- Grace Bragg at 5:06 into the third period
- Gwenyth Shinners (assisted by Grace Bragg) at 5:23 into the third period
- Grace Bragg at 7:23 into the third period
- Olivia Wright (assisted by Maria Vollom and Gwenyth Shinners) at 12:14 into the third period
The Broncos will be back on the ice at 7 p.m. Thursday when they travel to take on the Duluth Marshall Hilltoppers in the first round of the Section 7A Tournament.